Shimano Ultegra ST-R8170 Di2 Hydraulic Disc Lever Right
Shimano’s Ultegra ST-R8170 Di2 Right Hydraulic Disc Lever now connects wirelessly to the drivetrain, keeping the cockpit clean and uncluttered whilst also negating any cabling issues. The levers are now larger than before, making them easier to use with cold hands or long-fingered gloves on, but shifts are still actuated by a light, effortless touch on the appropriate lever. Connecting the system to the app allows full or semi synchronised shifting modes to be activated so that certain gear change functions occur automatically, and there is also the potential to customise the shifting too.
Braking characteristics have also been improved, with the hydraulic system now offering better pad clearance for easier wheel fitting and less chance of brake rub. Servo Wave technology ensures not just great stopping power, but also excellent control and modulation, particularly when braking from the hoods. The brake levers themselves are adjustable for reach so that all hand sizes are catered for and the auto-adjust feature keeps the brake feel consistent throughout the pad life.
- High-performance Ultegra Wireless hydraulic Servo Wave disc brake Di2 STIs give control, modulation and power with minimal effort in all riding conditions
- Operates the rear derailleur
- Wireless connectivity to the front and rear derailleurs for effortless trouble-free gear shifts
- With Di2 technology shifting is easy and precise – just a light touch, as soft as a mouse click, is sufficient for the front or rear derailleur to instantaneously select the correct gear
- Full and semi synchronised shifting programable
- Synchro shift compatible, meaning a single shifter can control both front and rear shifting which can be fully custom tuned to your riding preferences
- Semi synchronised shifting means when a front shift is made the rear mech will automatically correct to the appropriate ratio
- Simply pressing tactile buttons allows effortless and comfortable shifting even with cold hands
- Drop bar STI with shift buttons located in a near identical place to mechanical Shimano STI
- Hydraulic brake lever with Servo Wave provides excellent stopping power with less effort especially from the hood position
- Hydraulic reservoir tank provides pad to rotor clearance auto-adjust maintaining braking performance during pad wear
- Finely tuneable reach adjusters for the levers enable custom fitment for all hands
- Levers use CR1632 batteries which last for approximately 1.5-2 years
There are no reviews yet.