Shimano Ultegra ST-R8170 Di2 Hydraulic Disc Lever Left
Now wireless, Shimano’s left hand Ultegra ST-R8170 Di2 Hydraulic Disc Lever connects to the drivetrain without the need for any wires, keeping cockpit cabling simple. Connection to the app allows customisation of some functions and gives access to full or semi synchronised shifting modes which automatically manage some gear changes. The larger levers are now easier to use with cold hands or gloves on but still only require a light press to shift ratios.
The hydraulic disc brakes auto-adjust so that the brake feel is consistent throughout the life of the pads, and the levers can be adjusted for reach to accommodate hands of all sizes. As well as providing excellent power, the Servo Wave design adds great control and modulation for extra confidence on technical descents. Pad clearance has also been improved to reduce the chance of the pads catching the rotor and to make fitting the wheel easier.
- High-performance Ultegra Wireless hydraulic Servo Wave disc brake Di2 STIs give control, modulation and power with minimal effort in all riding conditions
- Operates the front derailleur
- Wireless connectivity to the front and rear derailleurs for effortless trouble-free gear shifts
- With Di2 technology shifting is easy and precise – just a light touch, as soft as a mouse click, is sufficient for the front or rear derailleur to instantaneously select the correct gear
- Full and semi synchronised shifting programable
- Synchro shift compatible, meaning a single shifter can control both front and rear shifting which can be fully custom tuned to your riding preferences
- Semi synchronised shifting means when a front shift is made the rear mech will automatically correct to the appropriate ratio
- Simply pressing tactile buttons allows effortless and comfortable shifting even with cold hands
- Drop bar STI with shift buttons located in a near identical place to mechanical Shimano STI
- Hydraulic brake lever with Servo Wave provides excellent stopping power with less effort especially from the hood position
- Hydraulic reservoir tank provides pad to rotor clearance auto-adjust maintaining braking performance during pad wear
- Finely tuneable reach adjusters for the levers enable custom fitment for all hands
- Levers use CR1632 batteries which last for approximately 1.5-2 years
There are no reviews yet.