Shimano Ultegra R8170 Disc Brake Caliper Rear
The Shimano Ultegra R8170 Disc Brake Caliper Rear offers fantastic stopping power in a compact and lightweight design, ideal for premium bike builds. The oversized 22mm ceramic pistons and aluminium radiation fin pads provide good heat insulation and dissipation for consistent, fade-free performance on long descents whilst the opposed 2-piston design increases control and modulation. 10% more pad clearance reduces the potential for rubbing on the rotor and makes wheel changes easier.
There is a separate bleed port and valve screw with a one way internal fluid circuit to make bleeding the system easier and the use of non-corrosive mineral oil also helps make the process less complicated. The caliper is supplied without a rotor or adapters, but is compatible with 140mm or 160mm rotors with the appropriate adapter.
- Ultegra hydraulic road disc brake offers an ideal balance of light weight and efficient braking, making it the perfect choice for both enthusiast and competitive riders
- Oversized 22mm ceramic pistons optimised for heat insulation, lightweight and stiffness
- Opposed 2-piston design reduces leading effect and optimal pad wear increases braking control
- Increased pad to rotor clearance reduces the chance of rotor drag
- Direct flat mount and open design allows easy and quick wheel replacement
- Forged calliper design is lightweight and rigid
- One way internal fluid circuit makes bleeding easy
- Mineral oil brake fluid is non-corrosive and less hazardous than conventional hydraulic brake fluid
- Shim-less mounting bracket allows for quick installation and setting up
- Recommended for use with Ice Tech FREEZA Center Lock SM-MT800 rotors for optimum braking performance
- Comes complete with resin compound aluminium radiation fin pad that further improves heat dissipation, reducing brake surface temperature by 50°C
- Inline hose routing for low profile design
- Separate bleed port and valve screw for improved bleeding process
There are no reviews yet.