Shimano RT-MT800 Internal Lockring Ice Tech Center Lock Brake Rotor
Sitting at Ultegra / XT level in Shimano’s hierarchy, the RT-MT800 Internal Lockring Ice Tech Center Lock Brake Rotor is designed to dissipate heat as much as possible for better, more consistent braking performance.
The rotor is made from a 3-layer sandwich of stainless steel and alloy which helps spread the heat out away from the braking surface, reducing the temperature by as much as 25%. This temperature reduction prevents the heat build-up that can cause brake fade and inconsistent power and the surface design of the rotor also helps with cooling and aids pad longevity.
Shimano’s Center Lock mounting system is simple and safe, providing good rigidity and security, and the rotor is supplied with an internal style lockring.
- Deore XT and Ultegra grade RT-MT800 Ice Tech rotors give excellent performance
- The clad steel / alloy / steel rotor construction allows heat generated from braking to radiate quickly through the aluminium core achieving surface temperature drops of around 50°C. When used with Ice Tech pads surface temperatures can drop from around 400 to 300°C, this provides great improvements in performance all round
- Ice Tech rotors achieve long pad life, less noise and less fade due to improved heat dispersion
- Using the proven Shimano Center Lock system for excellent rigidity and security with an easy set-up
- Rotor contact surface has been developed for excellent pad clearing and cooling which increases pad performance and life
- Large forged alloy spider supports rotor surface, increasing rigidity and reducing weight
- Comes complete with alloy lockring
There are no reviews yet.