Shimano 105 R7020 Double Hydraulic STI Lever/Caliper, Right
The arrival of the new Shimano R7000 groupset marks the first introduction of hydraulic braking systems to the Shimano 105 range and brings with it a variety of outstanding performance benefits. This package, consisting of one right-hand R7020 STI Shifter and a single front disc brake caliper, is the perfect upgrade option for those looking to take advantage of those benefits. Designed for use within an 11-speed, double chainset system, this is an ideal update for any cyclocross, gravel or road rider.
This R7020 shifter features an improved ergonomic design over its 5800 predecessors, boasting a pared-back, minimalist profile that has trickled down from Shimano R8000. The addition of a textured hood, meanwhile, aids with grip in wet or humid conditions. This shifter now benefits from Shimano’s OPTISLICK technology, an advanced coating which helps to keep shifting smooth and corrosion-free.
The brake caliper, meanwhile, uses the improved braking power of hydraulic systems to offer an incredible degree of stopping power as well as superior modulation to cable-actuated systems. Shimano has incorporated its Ice Technology here in order to aid in heat dissipation and brake cooling. Overheated braking systems can result in brake fade, causing a loss of stopping power – but you can depend on this caliper on any descent, no matter how long or how steep.
Featuring excellent shifting capabilities as well as superb braking performance, this is a surefire upgrade option for any bike – whether that means a cyclocross, gravel or road machine.
- Right-hand lever (hydraulic)
- Front disc brake caliper (hydraulic)
- Improved ergonomic design that has trickled down from Ultegra R8000
- Offers 15mm of reach adjustment
- Redesigned internal shifting unit for easier access to cables
- Heightened rider control in mixed conditions
- Near instant shifting operation
- Shares the same effortless shifting operation as top-tier Shimano systems
- 11-speed compatible
- Included: One Shimano 105 R7020 Double Hydraulic STI Lever (right), one Shimano 105 R7070 Flat Mount Caliper (front)
There are no reviews yet.